Things have been a whirlwind since we proudly announced the successful closing of our oversubscribed financing round in February and the funding has put our growth plan into motion.
So many great things are happening – here are just a few highlights:
- We received a ton of great coverage for our funding announcement by several leading Cannabis and Technology news outlets. Our favourite article and the one with the most traction came from a local startup and tech news publication, Techvibes.
- Last month, we passed our FCC filing with flying colours, which enables us to sell products in the US.
- Our brand new, try-before-you-buy marketing campaign, was a proven success with another grower under our Ample Organics partnership.
- In the last two months, we have been busy hiring our leadership team. We have grown our engineering, product development, marketing, and sales teams in order to fulfill our growth plan. We were also pleased to announce the hiring of our new Chief Financial Officer, Doug Harris. Doug joins us with over 25 years experience in corporate finance, private equity investing, business valuation and financial operations. Our office is filled to the brim with amazing and talented people.
- Last week, I was able to participate in a ‘Small Business Owner Panel’ for Telus. Sharing the stage with amazing founders of companies like Freshbooks and Flying Monkey Brewery was a privilege and a learning experience for me. Personally, it was rewarding to share Braingrid’s startup story and have it resonate so well with the audience and other panelists.
- We have decided on a brand refresh and have thoughtfully planned our next steps as we steadily expand our customer base and product offering.
Thanks for reading and keep an eye out for our next update, we will have exciting news to share regarding our CSE public listing and go public audit!